“I got this!”
That’s what we tell ourselves when partaking in InkTober.
It’s a tough haul. It’s not just a drawing done every day. It is then the scanning, resizing and clean up of that drawing, creating naming conventions, writing a blog post, and posting to various online platforms; my blog, Instagram, and Facebook.
So here are the steps:
- draw the image
- scan the image
- clean the image
- write the naming convention for file saving
- save the image – five times in various formats and titles
- write and edit the blog
- upload the image and post to the blog
- take another image of that image as a large file for Instagram and modify it a square size requirements and contast
- create the hashtag requirements for Instagram
- upload image and post to Instagram
- Then on to Facebook…write a short post linking to the blog post on my website and upload the image
- And when I have about six images I write another short post on my personal page with an selected image of the six images from Instagram and offer links back to my blog, Instagram and Facebook page
- And then repeat daily through the month of October
This is why we tell ourselves, “I got this!” Because it is a task and half! And it is worth all of this effort. And I do it yearly.